Duong Thanh Long
Founding Partner / President & CEO
Tel: (84) (28) 3519 4666 HP: +84 98 220 6868
Mr. Long founded Aliat Legal in 2005 and is the managing partner in charge of the overall operation of the firm. He has extensive experience in intellectual property law, and corporate and investment law, with an emphasis on healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors. Mr. Long is heading Intellectual Property Practice and Healthcare Regulatory Practice of the firm.
Over 17 years of practice, Mr. Long has successfully advised and assisted numerous clients, including local giants and MNCs, to initiate, operate and expand their business activities in Vietnam. His services for these clients have also included establishing, protecting and exploring their intellectual property rights in Vietnam.
Mr. Long is also very active in advising and assisting local authorities to manage and promote local brand specialities especially agriculture products by establishing the protection mechanism for collective marks, certification marks and especially geographical indications.
In addition to his professional legal practice, Mr. Long is also the non-tenure lecturer at the Judicial Academy lecturing on a number of areas of law but with a focus on intellectual property law.
Mr. Long is a member of Management Board, Deputy Secretary General cum Head of Expertise Committee of Vietnam Invention Association. He is currently a member of the Enforcement and Anti-Counterfeiting Committee of Asian Patent Attorney Association (APAA), and member of Enforcement Committee of INTA.
Mr. Long’s academic achievements include:
- International Law from Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Commercial Law from Hanoi Law University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- The JPO/IPR Training Course for IP Protection Lawyers from Japan Patent Office (Tokyo, Japan)
- Industrial Property Practice Qualification Training Course from National Office of Intellectual Property (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Copyright Practice Qualification Training Course from Vietnam Copyright Office (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Lawyers’ Skill Practice Qualification Training Course from Judicial Academy (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)